Colocated Conference Proposals -
The submission site is closed for 2012 proposals.
Join Us and Colocate Your Event at DAC!
DAC Colocated Conferences are meetings that have already obtained event sponsorship from IEEE, ACM, the EDA Consortium or another organization. DAC invites you to colocate your conference with DAC, whether it is a conference, meeting or some other special event.
Colocated Conferences must have a common sponsor with DAC, such as IEEE CEDA, ACM/SIGDA, or EDAC, be at least four hours long and have goals synergistic with those of DAC. Additionally, your conference/event must be financed and organized by you, have its own banking account to pay invoices and cover additional expenses.
September 19: On line submission opens for colocated conference proposals on the DAC website.
December 2: Deadline for colocated conference proposals and documentation of sponsorship are due no later than 5:00pm MT, (-07:00 GMT)
January 11: Permission to hold a colocated conference at DAC notifications are sent
March 12: All conference information and registration is due (upon acceptance) to the DAC office.
A. Colocated conferences must:
- Be at least four hours in length
- Have goals synergistic with those of DAC
- Share a sponsor with DAC, one of the IEEE CEDA, ACM/SIGDA, or EDAC. See DAC Sponsors to learn more. You must provide written documentation of your sponsorship to the DAC office by December 2, 2011
- Be financed and organized by you
- Have your own bank account to pay invoices and cover additional expenses
A. Colocated conference proposals will be accepted between September 19, 2011 and December 2, 2011. Colocated conferences will be notified of accept or reject by January 11, 2012.
A. Your proposal must include ALL of the information listed below.
All of the information listed below must be completed using the PowerPoint template
on the colocated conference submission page located at dac.com.
- The title of the colocated conference
- Name, affiliation, city, state, country and email address of the proposed organizer/main contact
- Sponsor information which includes the name of the sponsor and indication of the receipt of sponsorship approval
- Targeted attendee demographic information or information regarding the intended audience for the colocated conference
- Information on the focus of the colocated conference or the topic area to be discussed
- What is the motivation behind wanting to hold a colocated conference at DAC?
- Website URL
- Proposed conference dates and times
A. The 49th Design Automation Conference will be at The Moscone Center in San Francisco, California, USA on June 3 - 7, 2012. The technical program takes place Tuesday - Thursday, June 5 - 7. Dates available for colocated conferences are Thursday, May 30 – Saturday, June 2.
A. Your conference will benefit from colocating with DAC by taking advantage of joint publicity and support with conference logistics. DAC will provide the following support for your conference:
- Complimentary meeting room at The Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA
- Ability to reserve hotel rooms from the DAC room block at the negotiated rates
- Coordination of food and beverage and audio/visual requirements
- DAC places your orders and ensures all details are correct
- Advertising/promotion on DAC webpage and in DAC newsletters
- Complimentary conference registration services
- Your conference is listed on the DAC registration page
- DAC collects your attendees registration fees and sends the surplus to your conference (after conference expenses have been paid)
- DAC accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express as well as personal checks
A. Colocated conferences are responsible for paying their own expenses out of their conference banking account, except for the conference expenses: food and beverage, room monitor, audio/visual, signs and poster boards. Organizers are also responsible for the coordination and planning of all events outside of the convention center.
A. DAC will list your conference on the DAC website, including a link to your conference’s home page. People registering for DAC will be presented with the chance to also register for your conference. Your conference will be listed in the DAC final program, which is distributed to all DAC attendees at the conference, establishing your conference as one of the key conferences taking place at the show. Your conference will leverage DAC’s extensive publicity efforts, including DAC’s premier status in design automation, the DAC newsletter, press releases, and international exposure.
A. Your conference will be offered as one of the options on the DAC online registration page. It will be easy for your conference attendees to register and it may also generate new attendees that thought they were only going to attend DAC! You will avoid the time and expense of setting up your own registration process and the hassle of collecting payments. Your conference will have a seamless registration process. As an attendee benefit, registration for a colocated conference also includes access to the DAC exhibition. Thousands of people register for DAC; leverage this to get hundreds to attend your colocated conference!