Topic Area: General Interest
Tuesday, June 7, 2011 - Wednesday, June 8, 2011
The ACM Student Research Competition (SRC), sponsored by Microsoft Research, offers a unique forum for undergraduate and graduate students to present their original research before a panel of judges and attendees.
There are three rounds of competition and a grand finals competition:
- Initial Selection – extended abstracts are reviewed and selected to present at DAC;
- Poster Session (June 7th): Judges will review the posters and speak to participants about their research; a group of semi-finalists will be chosen for oral presentation;
- Oral Presentation (June 8th): Semi-finalists will give a short presentation of their research before a panel of judges. Three winners will be chosen for each category undergraduate and graduate, receiving $500, $300, and $200 respectively.
The SRC Grand Finals (June 2012): All undergraduate and graduate student winners from this competition will advance to the SRC Grand Finals. A different panel of judges evaluates these winners against each other via the web. Three undergraduates and three graduates will be chosen as the SRC Grand Finals winners. They are invited, along with their advisors, to the annual ACM Awards Banquet (June 2012), where they receive formal recognition.
· Abstract submission deadline: April 8, 2011
· Acceptance notification: May 1, 2011
· Poster session at DAC: June 7, 2011
· Presentation session at DAC: June 8, 2011
· Award winners announced at DAC: June 9, 2011
· Grand Finals winners honored at ACM Awards Banquet: June 2012
Tuesday, June 7: 2:00 - 4:00pm
Wednesday, June 8: 2:00 - 4:00pm
Visit here for additional event details.
Naehyuck Chang, Seoul National University
Srinivas Katkoori, University of South Florida