As bugets for travel and training continue to decrease, regarless of the merit of the conference, justification to an employer is a must!
Here are some things to consider when building your case:
- Focus on what information and knowledge you can bring back as a return for the investment.
- Share the information you gather with the rest of the team (handouts, brochures, workshop notes, PowerPoint Slides, etc.)
- Be sure to have back-up coverage for day-to-day responsibilites in the office.
- Offer to make a presentation of the conference to your colleagues afterwards.
- DAC selects volunteers to attend and help work the conference, see if this is a viable option for you and your company.
Be prepared when presenting the idea to your employer:
- Look at flights and times beforehand.
Unplug and Get Inspired! Additional justification tips:
- Increase your contacts - building relationships face-to-face is the best way to communicate with other industry leaders.
- Networking events at DAC should NOT be missed - this is an opportune time to create a professional network.
- DAC opens the door of opportunity and partnerships.
All in One Place at One Time:
- Learn firsthand from industry experts that have successfully implemented technology solutions.
- Keep up to date on emerging technolgies.
- Communicate with existing and potential vendors.
- Get immediate answers and solutions for an array of issues you may be experiencing.
- Discover new products that are useful in your area of expertise.
- Receive immediate return on investment.
Get Out of the Office and Shake Things Up!