Join Us and Colocate Your Event at DAC!
Take advantage of the fact that many of your attendees will already be in Austin, Texas for the DAC, and hold your conference, meeting or special event at a DAC provided meeting room!
To qualify as a DAC Colocated Conference, your meeting must have already obtained event sponsorship from one of the DAC sponsors, who are IEEE CEDA, ACM/SIGDA, and the EDA Consortium.
Your meeting must be at least four hours long and have must have goals which are synergistic with those of DAC. Additionally, your conference/event must be financed and organized by you, have its own banking account to pay invoices and cover additional expenses.
||Submission site opens
||Submission deadline: 5:00pm MT (-7:00 GMT)
|January 23, 2013:
||Accept/Reject notification sent
|March 1, 2013:
||Deadline for final conference details for inclusion on the DAC website and program
|May30-June 2, 2013:
||Hold your conference on the assigned day(s) in Austin, TX
A. Colocated conferences must:
- Be at least four hours in length
- Have goals synergistic with those of DAC
- Share a sponsor with DAC, one of the IEEE CEDA, ACM/SIGDA, or EDAC. See DAC Sponsors to learn more. You must provide written proof of your sponsorship to the DAC office by March 1, 2013
- Be financed and organized by you
- Have your own bank account to pay invoices and cover additional expenses
You must first download and complete the Colocated Conference proposal slide template
here. You will attach this completed file to your submission form (either in .ppt, .pptx or .pdf format). When you complete the submission slide template, be sure to complete all of the required fields. Submissions with missing information in the slide template or the web form will be at a disadvantage.
The .pptx attachment is MANDATORY and is what the Committee will use to base their decision upon. It is best to have these items ready before completing the submission process:
- The title of the colocated conference
- Name, affiliation, city, state, country and email address of the proposed organizer/main contact
- Sponsor information which includes the name of the sponsor and indication of the receipt of sponsorship approval
- Targeted attendee demographic information or information regarding the intended audience for the colocated conference
- Website URL
- Proposed conference dates and times
A. The 50th Design Automation Conference will be at Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas, USA on June 2 - 6, 2013. The technical program takes place Tuesday - Thursday, June 4 - 6.
Dates available for colocated conferences are Thursday, May 30 - Sunday, June 2.
Your conference will benefit from colocating with DAC by taking advantage of joint publicity and support with conference logistics. DAC will provide the following support for your conference:
- Complimentary meeting room at The Austin Convention Center in Austin, TX
- Ability to reserve hotel rooms from the DAC room block at the negotiated rates
- Coordination of food and beverage and audio/visual requirements
- DAC places your orders and ensures all details are correct
- Advertising/promotion on DAC webpage and in DAC newsletters
- One time email blast to the DAC email list based on date availability. Additional fees apply
- Complimentary conference registration services
- Your conference is listed on the DAC registration page
- DAC collects your attendee registration fees and sends the surplus to your conference (after conference expenses have been paid)
- DAC accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express as well as personal checks
A. Colocated conferences are responsible for paying their own expenses out of their conference banking account, except for the conference expenses which are handled by DAC: food and beverage, room monitor, audio/visual, signs and poster boards. Colocated Conference Organizers are also responsible for the coordination and planning of any of their events which take place outside of the Convention Center.
A. DAC will list your conference on the DAC website, including a link to your conference's home page. People registering for DAC will be presented with your conference name and fees to register for your conference. Your conference will be listed in the DAC Final Program, which is distributed to all DAC attendees at the conference. Your conference will leverage DAC's extensive publicity efforts, including DAC's premier status in design automation, the DAC newsletter, press releases, and international exposure.
A. Your conference will be offered as one of the options on the DAC online registration page. It will be easy for your conference attendees to register and it may also generate new attendees that thought they were only going to attend DAC! You will avoid the time and expense of setting up your own registration process and the hassle of collecting payments. Your conference will have a seamless registration process. As an attendee benefit, registration for a DAC colocated conference also includes access to the exhibition. Thousands of people register for DAC; leverage this to get hundreds to attend your colocated conference!