Take advantage of the fact that many of your attendees will already be in San Francisco for the Design Automation Conference, and hold your conference, meeting or special event at DAC!
To qualify as a Colocated Conference, your meeting must have already obtained event sponsorship from one of the DAC sponsors, who are IEEE CEDA, ACM/SIGDA, and the EDA Consortium.
Your meeting must be at least four hours long and must have goals which are synergistic with those of DAC. Additionally, your conference/event must be financed and organized by you, and have its own bank account to pay invoices and cover additional expenses.
||Submission site opens
||Submission deadline: 5:00pm MT (-7:00 GMT)
|March 4, 2014:
||Deadline for final conference details for inclusion in the program materials
|May 30, May 31, June 1, June 4, June 5:
||Dates available to hold your conference in San Francisco, CA
A. Colocated conferences must:
- Be at least four hours in length
- Have goals synergistic with those of DAC
- Share a sponsor with DAC, one of the IEEE CEDA, ACM/SIGDA, or EDAC. See DAC Sponsors to learn more. You must provide written proof of your sponsorship to the DAC office by February 1, 2014
- Be financed and organized by you
- Have your own bank account to pay invoices and cover additional expenses
Your proposal must include ALL of the information listed below and be submitted on-line via www.dac.com.
- Title of the conference
- Name, affiliation, city, state, country and email address of the proposed organizer/main contact
- Explain in 5 words or less; describe the scope of the proposal (e.g., statistical timing, analog circuit simulation, physical design, low-power analysis...)
- Sponsor information which includes the name of the sponsor and indication of the receipt of sponsorship approval
- Targeted attendee demographic information or information regarding the intended audience for the colocated conference
- Conference website URL
- Proposed conference dates and times
A. Dates available for colocated conferences are May 30, May 31, June 1, June 4 and June 5.
Your conference will benefit from colocating with DAC by taking advantage of joint publicity and support with conference logistics. DAC will provide the following support for your conference:
- Complimentary meeting room at the Moscone Center
- Ability to reserve hotel rooms from the DAC room block at the negotiated rates
- Coordination of food and beverage and audio/visual requirements
- DAC places your orders and ensures all details are correct
- Advertising/promotion on DAC webpage and in DAC newsletters
- One time email blast to the DAC email list based on date availability. Additional fees apply
- Complimentary conference registration services
- Your conference is listed on the DAC registration page
- DAC collects your attendee registration fees and sends the surplus to your conference (after conference expenses have been paid)
- DAC accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express as well as personal checks
A. Colocated conferences are responsible for paying their own expenses out of their conference bank account, except for the conference expenses which are handled by DAC. These conference expenses include: food and beverage, room monitor, audio/visual, signs and poster boards. Organizers are also responsible for the coordination and planning of any of their events which take place outside of the Convention Center.
A. Your conference will leverage DAC's extensive publicity efforts, including DAC's premier status in design automation, DAC newsletters, press releases, and international exposure. DAC will list your conference on our website, including a link to your conference website. Your conference will be listed in the Final Program/Exhibition Guide which is distributed to all attendees at the conference.
A. Your conference will be offered as one of the options on the online registration page. It will be easy for your conference attendees to register and it may also generate new attendees that thought they were only going to attend DAC! You will avoid the time and expense of setting up your own registration process and the hassle of collecting payments. Your conference will have a seamless registration process. As an attendee benefit, colocated conference registration also includes access to the exhibition. Thousands of people register for DAC; leverage this to get hundreds to attend your colocated conference!
If you have any questions, please contact David Pan
, 51st DAC Tutorial Chair.