The 50th Design Automation Conference: A Celebration Full of New Initiatives and Longstanding Traditions
May 24, 2013
LOUISVILLE, Colo. –– May 24, 2013 –– The 50th Design Automation Conference is not just going to be a celebration to commemorate the last 50 years of the oldest conference and tradeshow dedicated to the electronic design, design automation, IP, embedded systems and software industries. DAC 2013 is full of new initiatives: from enhancing the tradeshow floor, with access to the Designer Track and the new Global Forum exhibit, to expanding the technical program with SKY Talks, DAC Insights, Training Day and Visionary Talks from industry luminaries. The 50th DAC will be held at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas from June 2-6, 2013.
New program initiatives include:
- Global Forum Exhibit: Over 40 countries will participate in the DAC-Global Forum, celebrating with DAC attendees the contributions each nation has made to the field of electronic design and showcasing future plans. The Global Forum ribbon-cutting will take place on Monday, June 3rd at 5:00pm with the Mayor of Austin, Lee Leffingwell, doing the honors. The Global Forum Exhibit is sponsored by ATIC and GLOBALFOUNDRIES.
- Visionary Talks: Key leaders in the electronic industry and state of Texas will give eight- to 10-minute visionary presentations before the keynote address. Talks will explore the challenging new ideas and innovative thinking that have helped shaped the industry and explore what the next 50 years will bring us.
- SKY Talks: The 50th DAC has introduced a new category in the technical program: SKY Talks. SKY is an abbreviation for Short KeYnotes, each 30 minutes long. Six prominent speakers from the following companies and universities will be presenting SKY Talks: Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Cadence, DARPA, D.E. Shaw Research, IBM, NVIDIA and Stanford University.
- Designed in Texas, a new aspect of the Designer Track: This program consists of 30-minute invited talks across two days of the conference. Designed in Texas talks will feature senior technical leads and managers presenting design experiences and results. This will provide an unprecedented opportunity for the Texas design community to interact with each other and the DAC community.
- DAC Insights: These two hour co-sponsored presentations focus on the current design, verification, and wireless algorithm validation. Insight co-sponsors include Aldec, Agilent, Jasper Design Automation, and Calypto Design. DAC Insight presentations are complimentary for attendees.
- Training Day Thursday: Attendees have the opportunity to attend high-quality training sessions in popular subjects from leading training provider Doulos on Thursday at DAC.
- Finally, in celebration of 50 years of DAC, this year will include a historical special session on the past, present and future of the EDA industry. The Past, Present, and Future of EDA: A Celebration of 50 Years of DAC will be held on Wednesday, June 5th.
Keeping up with tradition, the DAC program continues to offer keynotes, special sessions, technical presentations, panels, pavilion panels and an exciting exhibits floor.
Registration and conference program details can be found at http://www.dac.com
50th DAC Celebration Events
DAC is celebrating its 50th year as the premier conference – and the oldest and largest conference -- devoted to EDA, embedded systems and software (ESS), and intellectual property (IP). The first DAC was held in 1964 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Half a century later, DAC 2013 is a not-to-miss occasion for the worldwide community of system designers, system architects, IC designers, validation engineers, CAD managers, senior managers, executives, researchers and academics. Along with a robust technical program, the DAC Executive Committee has planned several memorable and exciting events listed below. Details of the event schedule can be found at www.dac.com under 50th DAC Celebration events.
- Sunday, June 2 – 5:30pm, Welcome Reception, Austin Convention Center
- Monday, June 3 – 5:00pm, Global Forum Exhibition unveiling, exhibit floor, booth #137
- Monday, June 3 - 8:00pm, 50th DAC Celebration Event at Austin City Limits. All DAC attendees and exhibitors are invited to this free event.
- Wednesday, June 5 – 7:30pm, 50th DAC Awards Banquet, Four Seasons Hotel, Austin
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is recognized as the premier event for the design of electronic circuits and systems, and for electronic design automation (EDA) and silicon solutions. A diverse worldwide community representing more than 1,000 organizations attends each year, represented by system designers and architects, logic and circuit designers, validation engineers, CAD managers, senior managers and executives to researchers and academicians from leading universities. Close to 60 technical sessions selected by a committee of electronic design experts offer information on recent developments and trends, management practices and new products, methodologies and technologies. A highlight of DAC is its exhibition and suite area with approximately 200 of the leading and emerging EDA, silicon, intellectual property (IP) and design services providers. The conference is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the Electronic Design Automation Consortium (EDA Consortium), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and is supported by ACM's Special Interest Group on Design.
Design Automation Conference acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products and services.
For more information, please contact:
# # #
Michelle Clancy: Press@dac.com or call 1-303-530-4334