Below is a guide that will help you plan for a successful event at DAC. If you have any questions about the following please contact your assigned liasion, call 303-530-4562 or email the exhibits department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations, you have a booth at DAC; next you should:
- Print or read the online exhibitor manual:
- Go to the Exhibitor Services page.
- First click and print the General Service Contractor (GES Exposition Services)
manual for show rules.
- Select items that you might also need (AV, Lead Retrieval, etc.).
- Click here for the Exhibitor Timeline
- Importnat dates to remember:
March 29: Conference Registration Opens - you will need to register your booth
staff, click here to register your staff. If you would like to register multiple staff at
once please contact Stacy Landers, Stacy@dac.com for details.
April 25: Deadline to receive discounted services through ITN International.
May 10: Deadline to receive discounted services through GES.
- Set your show budget - including booth space, service cost, travel, etc.
- If you need help assessing general contractor cost, please feel free to ask your
assigned mentor for inputs.
- Schedule planning meetings with your team to:
- Define what and why is showcased (products, services, etc.)
- Who is the audience, who are you trying to reach?
- Assign goals to event - select something measurable (leads, visits, meetings).
- What is needed to support company goals and specific DAC goals?
- How many people will you need at the show to maintain the booth during show
- How do you plan to demonstrate your product or service?
- Will you have monitors to show something?
- Will you need space to sit down with customers?
- Will you have a live presentation?
- Booth properties options:
- You can rent from the General Service Contractor (from basic walls to customized
booths including furniture, advantage: No material handling and shipping cost).
- You can rent for an exhibit house (more customizable, not set for the same design for
year to come, you will have to pay for shipping, material handling and for set-up).
- You can purchase your own (good option if more than 5 shows of same size in a
- Do not forget carpet, carpet in your booth at DAC is mandatory and your booth staff
will thank you if you also add padding.
- Will you need storage to store empty boxes, giveaways, booth crates (if you bring
your own) during the show?
- Other important things to remember:
- If you own/rent booth property - you must arraign for a shipper to ship to the show site
and back (use a shipping company that has experience with tradeshows). If you own
or rent you will also need material handling. This is the fee for getting your freight form
the loading docks to your booth and back to your shipping company.
- Check your move-in schedule and make every effort to get your shipment in that day.
If you miss your move-in date & time you will get charged a different rate per pound
which is usually about 30% higher than the reduced rate offered for on-time arrival.
- You might want to consider using the logistics/shipping department of the General
Service Contractor. If you use them, you do not have to worry about the move-in
schedule. The cost might (but not always) be higher with other carriers, you usually
get a discount on your material handling cost (10%) and can be sure that your
shipment waits in your booth when you arrive.
- Design and prepare your graphics in advance. Less copy, more image is better - don't
forget your company logo. You want to make sure that a person walking down the
aisle can see your message clearly.
- Order labor in advance, both for set-up and dismantling. Check with your
exhibit house if your booth set-up requires a forklift in the booth. If you have a
hanging sign you will need a separate hanging sign labor form to submit.
- You can set-up your booth yourself; Austin is a right-to-work state so you are
not required to order labor if you can do the booth set up yourself. If you have
questions about this please contact the exhibits department at email@example.com or
- Do not forget to order a cleaning service.
- Do not forget electric, this is a separate form and requires a layout of where you want
your electrical to be placed on the floor. Please remember to let them know
where you want to have the main drop. That is the spot where your electricity will
be brought in from outside your booth. Depending on the exhibition hall it could come
form the ceiling or from the floor.
- To keep your show in budget, order all services before the deadlines.
- Lead retrieval systems deadline is earlier than GES.
- If you need internet in your booth, you must order that also in advance.
- To avoid disappointments, use DAC hotels for your group. Reserve rooms early, they
often sell out.
- A credit card is required to keep on file - that does not mean it will be charged,
you can pay service orders by check but must be paid prior to the show start,
but even if paying by check, a credit card must be on file with the show contractor.
- Bring a set-up kit with you - Velcro, scissors, packing tape (to pack after show),
markers, pens,and paper.
Important Industry Terms
Click here for Industry Terms