Health and Well-Being at DAC
As the world begins to return to normal and we return to in-person events, the health and well-being of our DAC attendees remains our top priority. By working closely with Moscone Center in San Francisco and Federal, State and Local public health officials, we will incorporate current best practices to provide you with the best level of protection at DAC 2021 this December.
Our expectation is that we will all practice protocols that reflect a 'spirit of respect and care' for our DAC community throughout the event. DAC will continue to actively monitor local, state, and federal guidelines and we may further adjust our well-being protocols if local conditions change as we get closer to the event.
A safer way to connect at DAC 2021
We all play a role in the health and safety of our visit to DAC 2021. This year, we’ve added COVID specific measures to ensure a clean environment that focuses on your health and wellness. Here are some of the health measures that we expect all participants to follow:
- Following California department of health guidelines:
- All attendees must wear a mask while indoors AND show proof of vaccination upon entry into Moscone Center. The Moscone Center will accept any vaccine that is accepted in that person's country, including cross vaccination.
- Please note, the Moscone Center will not allow for medical or religious exemptions to the vaccination requirement.
- Signage will be in place throughout Moscone Center informing and reminding all attendees and contractors of the face covering requirement.
- Anyone not agreeing to this policy will be escorted out of the building.
- For up to date information from the California Department of Public Health click here.
Show Your Proof of Vaccination with the CLEAR Health Pass
All attendees are required to show proof of vaccination upon entry into the Moscone Center. In order to make it as easy as possible to show your proof of vaccination, DAC is utilizing the CLEAR Health Pass. All US-based attendees are strongly encouraged to sign up for the CLEAR Health Pass in order to avoid long lines at registration and eliminate any concern or confusion.
**Please note, CLEAR Health Pass is only available for U.S. based attendees. International vaccination cards will be accepted for admittance into DAC – if you are an international attendee, please have your physical vaccination card ready to present upon arrival. A list of accepted international vaccination cards can be viewed here.
How to Use the CLEAR Health Pass
- Download the free CLEAR app and select Create Your Health Pass
- Enter your unique Health Pass code: DAC2021
- New members will be guided through enrollment steps and existing members can use the email associated with their CLEAR membership
- Complete your Entry Requirements
- Verify your identity by taking a selfie
- Show your Health Pass at the event. Green means you're good to go!
For more information on the CLEAR Health Pass FAQ's. If you have any questions or concerns about signing up for the CLEAR Health Pass, please reach out to email@example.com.
Here are 3 ways we’re protecting your wellness:
- Partnering with Moscone Center to maintain their Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Accreditation and ASM Global’s VenueShield standards for a state-of-the-art cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program that minimizes risks associated with infectious agents.
- Collaborating with our contractors and the exhibitor community to ensure everyone receives training on personal hygiene guidelines and response/recovery protocols related to suspected/confirmed cases of COVID.
- Continuing to seek expert advice on up-to-the-moment health and safety direction from the WHO, the CDC, State and Local public health authorities, and recognized health and safety experts.
- Designated entrances will require proof of completed vaccination no later than two weeks before arrival.
- Entry doors, registration equipment, and information points will be touchless.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be widely available throughout Moscone Center.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high frequency contact points will be implemented by Moscone Center and restrooms will be disinfected frequently, as directed in the San Francisco Healthy Building Ordinance.
- The General Service Contractor and EACs will provide detailed plans on disinfectant protocols in the exhibit hall and their client exhibit booths.
- Meeting space will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, as directed in the San Francisco Healthy Building Ordinance.
- Food and beverage will be individually packaged for single use and all pay points will be compliant with physical distancing.
- Utilization of MERV 13 pocket filters with MERV 8 pre-filters in accordance with LEED standards
- Touchless water bottle refill stations at Moscone South and North
- Touchless fixtures in most restrooms that include flush mechanisms, sink faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers
- Moscone Center employees and their event service providers will be trained on personal hygiene practices and response/recovery protocols related to suspected/confirmed cases of COVID.
- Exhibitors will be expected to train their booth staff and EACs on health and safety guidelines and rules provided by DAC 2021.
- All building, contractor, and event staff will be trained to recognize the symptoms of COVID and know the resulting protocols to quarantine those exposed and minimize any further exposure to DAC 2021 participants.
DAC is staying up to date with travel guidance and recommendations from the CDC. If you are planning to travel internationally, please visit the CDC's page on International Travel During COVID-19 for information related to your travel plans.
If you require a negative COVID-19 test to re-enter your home country, DAC has put together a recommeded list of COVID Testing and Care Stations.
At DAC 2021, your health and well-being comes first! We look forward to welcoming you to San Francisco this December.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will I show my proof of vaccination onsite?
- DAC will be utilizing CLEAR
- What if I cannot use the CLEAR app? How can I show my proof of vaccination?
- Original, copy, or electronic photo of the CDC vaccination card (or similar documentation issued by another foreign governmental jurisdiction),
- I live in Canada and got the AstraZeneca vaccine. Does my Canadian vaccination card satisfy the proof of vaccination requirement even though AstraZeneca's vaccine wasn't approved by the FDA?
- Is proof of vaccination required to enter all businesses in San Francisco?
- No. The proof of vaccination requirement applies to two main categories of indoor businesses: (1) those that serve food and drink, like bars, restaurants, clubs, theaters, and entertainment venues; and (2) indoor gyms, yoga studios and other fitness establishments. These both are types of indoor businesses that by their nature create situations where the virus could spread more easily. This is because people must take off their masks to eat and drink, and because exercise accelerates breathing. Vaccination requirements also apply to patrons and staff at large indoor events with 1,000 people or more because so many people will be gathered together in an indoor space.
- Can I provide results from a negative COVID-19 test in place of proof of vaccination?
- Is proof of vaccination required in a hotel gym? What about a gym used exclusively by collegiate athletes or private members?
- Yes. Proof of vaccination is required in gyms in hotels, gyms used by collegiate athletes, and gyms with private memberships. Offices or businesses hosting a gym that is open only to employees are not required to comply with the proof of vaccination requirement.
- If I go out to a restaurant and eat at an outdoor table do I need to show proof of vaccination?
- Do indoor masking requirements still apply?
- Yes, the requirements for everyone two years old and older to wear a well-fitted mask in indoor public spaces remains unchanged and in effect.
- Are there times when I can remove my mask indoors?
- You do not have to remain masked while in a private office or vehicle or while actively eating or drinking. There are other limited exceptions to the masking requirement.
- What vaccines will be accepted at DAC?
- San Francisco accepts all vaccines approved by WHO, and those that may be fully-vaccinated by way of cross vaccinations.