DAC Silicon/Technology Art Show
At DAC, we want to showcase the beauty of our work for the rest of the world to see. That’s why we are hosting the Silicon/Technology Art Show for the second time at DAC this year, and we want you to participate by submitting your digital images.
Those of us who work in the Design Automation community can see the beauty in our work every day. We create electronic devices with billions of transistors, complex algorithms, data visualizations, and clever data structures. At DAC, we want to showcase the beauty of our work for the rest of the world to see. That’s why we are hosting the Silicon/Technology Art Show for the second time, and we want you to participate by submitting your digital images.
We are eager to see what the community selects for submission. Examples of what we are looking for include but not limited to:
- Die photoshots of silicon designs. These are the end product of hard EDA and design work, and often the result is breathtaking.
- Design floorplans and placements, especially if they are illustrated in such a way to show interest.
- 3D wiring or clock tree visualizations.
- Lithographic images.
- Thermal maps, congestion maps, interesting logic structures, or just about anything you can think of related to EDA and Semiconductor.
- Submitted work can be either hardware design images or software design images.
We cannot accept movies, but you may submit a sequence of images (e.g., 6) that can be framed to show how an algorithm works.
This is your chance to have the work you (and or your company) produces to be recognized.
Each piece submitted will be printed on canvas and displayed at the Art Show starting on Monday, June 25, 2018 at Moscone Center West. Judges will have an opportunity to review the displayed pieces and winners for each category will be announced Monday night at the Art Show reception.
Pieces will be judged in several categories:
- Most inspiring
- Most insightful
- Grand Prize - Best piece out of all categories
Winners in each category will receive a trophy for recognition and will also be on the cover of IEEE Design & Test magazine. Click the links below to see past covers.
IEEE Design & Test - January/February 2017 Cover
IEEE Design & Test - November/December 2016 Cover
DAC will handle the printing and coordinate the displays. All of those who submit artwork that is used in the art show are welcome to take the final piece home with them.