Women in Technology @ DAC
The 58th DAC invites all attendees to multiple events during the conference to highlight innovations, contributions, and achievements of women in technology and address the growing needs of professional women in the semiconductor field. Come network and inspire future generations to confidently follow and outpace the women leaders in our field.
The Marie R. Pistilli Women in Electronic Design Award is a prestigious annual honor that recognizes individuals who have visibly helped to advance women in electronic design. The award is named for the late Marie R. Pistilli, former organizer of DAC, who placed a high value on equality, diversity, and acceptance.
Submit a Nomination
The deadline to submit a nomination is May 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET
2020 Marie R. Pistilli Award Recipient
Alessandra Nardi, PhD
- Engineering Group Director
Alessandra Nardi, PhD, is an engineering group director of the Automotive Solutions team at Cadence. She is responsible for a cross-functional team driving R&D methodologies for safety-critical applications, focusing on functional safety and reliability. After her postdoc at the University of California, Berkeley, she held various R&D lead positions at Magma Design Automation, Synopsys and Cadence spanning statistical static timing analysis, library characterization and power integrity where she received several awards including the Cadence Excellence in Innovation Award. Alessandra is active in the scientific community as a member of multiple technical program committees and industry advisory boards, has written numerous papers, and holds several patents. She is currently the chair of the Accellera Functional Safety Working Group focusing on standardization in the functional safety development lifecycle. Alessandra holds a MS and a PhD in electrical engineering from the University of Padova, Italy.
Past Recipients of the Marie R. Pistilli Award
- 56th DAC, 2019 - Iris Bahar, Brown University
- 55th DAC, 2018 - Anne Cirkel, Mentor, a Siemens Business
- 54th DAC, 2017 - Janet Olson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 53rd DAC, 2016 - Soha Hassoun, Tufts University
- 52nd DAC, 2015 - Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
- 51st DAC, 2014 - Diana Marculescu, Carnegie Mellon University
- 50th DAC, 2013 - Nanette Collins, Nanette V. Collins Marketing, and Public Relations
- 49th DAC, 2012 - Dr. Belle W. Y. Wei, San Jose State University
- 48th DAC, 2011 - Limor Fix, Intel Corp.
- 47th DAC, 2010 - Mar Hershenson, Magma Design Automation, Inc.
- 46th DAC, 2009 - Telle Whitney, Anita Borg Institute
- 45th DAC, 2008 - Louise Trevillyan, IBM Research Center
- 44th DAC, 2007 - Jan Willis, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- 43rd DAC, 2006 - Ellen Yoffa, IBM
- 42nd DAC, 2005 - Kathryn Kranen, Jasper Design Automation, Inc.
- 41st DAC, 2004 - Mary Jane Irwin, Pennsylvania State University
- 40th DAC, 2003 - Karen Bartleson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 39th DAC, 2002 - Ann Rincon, AMI Semiconductor
- 38th DAC, 2001 - Deidre Hanford, Synopsys, Inc.
- 37th DAC, 2000 - Penny Herscher, Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (previously)
Ann Steffora Mutschler | Semiconductor Engineering
Anne Cirkel | Siemens
Rob Oshana | NXP
Sashi Obleski | Google
Sharon Hsu | University of Notre Dame
Herta Schreiner | Synopsys
Iris Bahar | Brown University
For questions or information please contact:
58th DAC Publicity/Marketing Chair