For 19 years GSA (going back to the days when it was Fabless Semiconductor Association, FSA) has recognized public and private semiconductor companies. The awards are celebrated at a dinner. This year's dinner is on Thursday December 12th at the Santa Clara Convention Center. The keynote speaker at the dinner is Cory Booker, the mayor of Newark NJ.
Nominations for the awards are now open.
- Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award. The GSA’s most prestigious award recognizes individuals for their exceptional contributions to drive the development, innovation, growth and long-term opportunities for the semiconductor industry. Nominations will be accepted until June 3, 2013.
- Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company
- Most Respected Private Semiconductor Company Award. Designed to identify the private company garnering the most respect from the industry . GSA’s Private Awards Committee provides a list of respectable private companies to be voted on by GSA membership. On-line voting takes place to allow GSA members to cast a ballot for the private semiconductor company that they most respect. (Nominations by June 28th)
- Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Awards
- Outstanding Asia-Pacific (APAC) Semiconductor Company Award
- Outstanding Europe, Middle-East, Africa (EMEA) Semiconductor Company Award (July 12th)
- Start-Up to Watch Award. GSA's Private Awards Committee, comprised of members of the Emerging Company CEO Council, venture capitalists and select serial entrepreneurs in the industry, selects up to two winners of the Start-up to Watch Award by identifying the semiconductor company(s) that demonstrates the potential to positively change its market or the semiconductor industry. (June 28th)
Public companies do not need to be nominated since they are assessed based on public financial data. But private companies and individuals do need to be nominated. Forms.
If you want to attend the dinner (either as an individual or as a company purchasing a whole table) then the details are here. The dinner is made possible by sponsor TSMC as well as some other general sponsors.
Full details of all the awards, including the small print ("must be a semiconductor company" etc) are on the GSA website here. This is also where you can find links to the nomination forms .