The objective of the P.O. Pistilli Undergraduate Scholarship for Advancement in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering is to increase the pool of professionals in Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science from under-represented groups (female, African-American, Hispanic, Native American, and disabled students).
The P.O. Pistilli Scholarship is funded by the Design Automation Conference and it is directed by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Design Automation (SIGDA).
Scholarships of $4000 per year, renewable for up to 5 years, are awarded annually to 2-7 high school seniors from the above-mentioned under-represented groups who have a 3.00 GPA or better (on a 4.00 scale), have demonstrated high achievement in math and science courses, have expressed a strong desire to pursue careers in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science, and who have demonstrated substantial financial need.
Initial Criteria for Applicants
In order to apply for the P.O. Pistilli Scholarship you must:
Be a high school senior from an underrepresented group (African-American, Hispanic, Native American, female, or disabled).
1. Have a 3.00 G.P.A or better (on a 4.00 scale).
2. Demonstrate high interest and achievement in math and science courses. This is usually demonstrated by participation in academic and non-academic math/science activities, letters of recommendations from teachers in math/science or related subjects, and good grades in math/science.
3. Express a strong desire to pursue a career in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
4. Demonstrate financial need.
5. Demonstrate involvement in activities associated with the underrepresented group which you represent.
6. Be a resident of the United States. U.S. Citizenship is not required.
Applications, along with the required documents must be mailed to the below address and postmarked by June 15, 2021 to be considered.
Professor Andrew B. Kahng
P.O. Pistilli Scholarship Director
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr. #0404
La Jolla, CA 92093-0404
If you have any specific questions about the scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org