Health and Well-Being Hub
As the world begins to return to normal and we return to in-person events, the health and well-being of our DAC attendees remains our top priority. By working closely with Moscone Center in San Francisco and Federal, State and Local public health officials, we will incorporate current best practices to provide you with the best level of protection at DAC 2021 this December. DAC will continue to monitor the situation and update this page regularly with the most recent guidelines protocols so check back regularly.
Here are 3 ways we’re protecting your wellness:
- Partnering with Moscone Center to maintain their Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Accreditation and ASM Global’s VenueShield standards for a state-of-the-art cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program that minimizes risks associated with infectious agents.
- Collaborating with our contractors and the exhibitor community to ensure everyone receives training on personal hygiene guidelines and response/recovery protocols related to suspected/confirmed cases of COVID.
- Continuing to seek expert advice on up-to-the-moment health and safety direction from the WHO, the CDC, State and Local public health authorities, and recognized health and safety experts.
A safer way to connect at DAC 2021
We all play a role in the health and safety of our visit to DAC 2021. This year, we’ve added COVID specific measures to ensure a clean environment that focuses on your health and wellness. Here are some of the health measures that we expect all participants to follow:
- Proof of a negative test result for COVID-19 from a test administered within three days of arrival using either molecular/PCR or antigen/''rapid'' testing; or
- Proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 no later than two weeks of arrival according to the protocols recommended by the CDC or other medical professional(s)
- For up to date information from the California Department of Public Health click here.
Personal protective equipment
- A protective face mask will be mandatory for everyone entering Moscone Center and must be worn properly during their entire stay.
- Signage will be in place throughout Moscone Center informing and reminding all attendees and contractors of the face covering requirement.
- Anyone not agreeing to this policy will be escorted out of the building.
- Designated entrances will require proof of a negative COVID-19 test or completed vaccination no later than two weeks of arrival.
- Entry doors, registration equipment, and information points will be touchless.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be widely available throughout Moscone Center.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high frequency contact points will be implemented by Moscone Center and restrooms will be disinfected frequently, as directed in the San Francisco Healthy Building Ordinance.
- The General Service Contractor and EACs will provide detailed plans on disinfectant protocols in the exhibit hall and their client exhibit booths.
- Meeting space will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, as directed in the San Francisco Healthy Building Ordinance.
- Food and beverage will be individually packaged for single use and all pay points will be compliant with physical distancing.
- Utilization of MERV 13 pocket filters with MERV 8 pre-filters in accordance with LEED standards
- Touchless water bottle refill stations at Moscone South and North
- Touchless fixtures in most restrooms that include flush mechanisms, sink faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers
- Moscone Center employees and their event service providers will be trained on personal hygiene practices and response/recovery protocols related to suspected/confirmed cases of COVID.
- Exhibitors will be expected to train their booth staff and EACs on health and safety guidelines and rules provided by DAC 2021.
- All building, contractor, and event staff will be trained to recognize the symptoms of COVID and know the resulting protocols to quarantine those exposed and minimize any further exposure to DAC 2021 participants.
At DAC 2021, your health and well-being comes first! We look forward to welcoming you to San Francisco this December.