DESIGN YOUR BOOTH
- How do you plan to demonstrate your product or service?
- Will you have monitors to show demos or presentations?
- Will you need space to sit down with customers?
- Will you have a live presentation?
- Option 1: Rent from the general service contractor, Freeman
- Freeman can provide many exhibit materials, from basic walls to customized booths including furniture.
- The advantage of using DAC’s general service contractor is that you will not be subject to material handling and shipping costs for materials that they furnish.
- Option 2: Rent from an exhibit house
- Exhibit materials are more customizable, but you will have to pay for shipping, material handling and for set-up.
- Option 3: Purchase and use your own exhibit property
- This could be a good choice for your company if you participate in several shows of a similar size each year, as you will avoid incurring repeated rental charges.
- Before deciding to purchase exhibit materials, you should consider potential storage, customization, and maintenance costs.
- Carpet in your booth at DAC is mandatory. Do not forget to order carpet to match the size of your booth footprint. Your exhibit staff will thank you if you also add padding—it really does make a difference when you are on your feet for many hours!
- If you bring in exhibit materials and equipment yourself, independent of a contractor, please note that storing items of any kind behind your booth is NOT an option. This includes, but is not limited to: empty boxes, cases for pop-up booths/signage, giveaway items, and/or booth crates. Please make arrangements to store these items off site for the duration of the show.
SUITE SPACE PLANNING
One of the unique aspects of exhibiting at DAC is the “Suite Package” that is included in your exhibit rental fee (200 sq. ft. or greater). Design automation tools and software are complex, highly proprietary products that require in-depth discussions to fully explore your product’s ability to meet your customer’s needs. To address this need, DAC’s Suite Package offers you a simple, cost-effective way to build a meeting room within your booth space for private customer discussions.
The Suite Package is included in your exhibit space rental and provides the following at no additional cost:
- Smart Panel Walls with locking doors
- Porter service (limited)
If you are planning to use a portion of your booth space as Suite space, you are required to submit a Booth/Suite Layout Form (available in July) to the Official DAC General Contractor, Freeman.
Suite space planning guidelines
By the terms of the Exhibit Space Contract, your total booth space must have a portion of the area designated as public access to all attendees, but Suite space may be configured for privacy with entry gained by YOUR company invitation only. The Suite space you design is yours to control. You have the option to include a reception area, demo rooms, conference rooms, or storage space, and Freeman can help you enhance your brand image with full color graphic printing for your Suite walls. Keep in mind that DAC does not allow Suite walls within 5’ of a main traffic aisle, so the entrance to your Suite must open either into your public booth space or a non-traffic aisle.
DAC provides Suite space on the following basis:
- Exhibit space of 100 sq. ft. – no Suite space provided.
- Exhibit space from 200 to 400 sq. ft. – at least 100 square feet of your floor space must be public booth space.
- Exhibit space greater than 400 sq. ft. – at least 25% of your floor space must be public booth space.
Be sure to review the guidelines regarding your exhibit space in the DAC Exhibition Operating Rules and Regulations and plan accordingly.