Women in Technology @ DAC
The 58th DAC invites all attendees to multiple events during the conference to highlight innovations, contributions, and achievements of women in technology and address the growing needs of professional women in the semiconductor field. Come network and inspire future generations to confidently follow and outpace the women leaders in our field.
The Marie R. Pistilli Women in Electronic Design Award is a prestigious annual honor that recognizes individuals who have visibly helped to advance women in electronic design. The award is named for the late Marie R. Pistilli, former organizer of DAC, who placed a high value on equality, diversity, and acceptance.
Nominations for the 2022 Marie R. Pistilli Women in Electronic Design Award will open in February 2022.
2021 Marie R. Pistilli Award Recipient
R&D Group Director, Silicon Realization Group, Synopsys
Renu Mehra is R&D Group Director for the Digital Design Group at Synopsys and heads the Design Compiler R&D Team. She is an organizational leader responsible for many advanced technologies including RTL synthesis and optimization, clock gating, constraint management, multi-voltage designs, power management approaches, and congestion, power, and runtime optimizations.
Renu is a pioneer in design automation for power management and provided one of the early visions for an automated solution for this area. As one of the founding members of the IEEE 1801 working group that created the Unified Power Format, and she had helped shape what is now the dominant power intent specification format for the semiconductor industry. Renu has led the power management initiative across Synopsys.
Renu earned a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and an M.S. and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences from the University of California, Berkeley. She has three U.S. patents awarded and two patents filed and has published in several premier conferences. She served as Program Chair and General Chair for the IEEE/ACM International Conference on Low Power Electronics and Design in 2015 and 2016, respectively; she served on Technical Program Committees of several conferences including ISLPED, DAC and ICCAD; and serves on the Executive Committee for the Design Automation Conference. Renu received the 2020 YWCA Silicon Valley Tribute to Women leadership award and was featured in the Global Semiconductor Association’s Women’s Leadership Initiative in 2021.
Past Recipients of the Marie R. Pistilli Award
- 57th DAC, 2020 - Alessandra Nardi, PhD
- 56th DAC, 2019 - Iris Bahar, Brown University
- 55th DAC, 2018 - Anne Cirkel, Mentor, a Siemens Business
- 54th DAC, 2017 - Janet Olson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 53rd DAC, 2016 - Soha Hassoun, Tufts University
- 52nd DAC, 2015 - Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
- 51st DAC, 2014 - Diana Marculescu, Carnegie Mellon University
- 50th DAC, 2013 - Nanette Collins, Nanette V. Collins Marketing, and Public Relations
- 49th DAC, 2012 - Dr. Belle W. Y. Wei, San Jose State University
- 48th DAC, 2011 - Limor Fix, Intel Corp.
- 47th DAC, 2010 - Mar Hershenson, Magma Design Automation, Inc.
- 46th DAC, 2009 - Telle Whitney, Anita Borg Institute
- 45th DAC, 2008 - Louise Trevillyan, IBM Research Center
- 44th DAC, 2007 - Jan Willis, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- 43rd DAC, 2006 - Ellen Yoffa, IBM
- 42nd DAC, 2005 - Kathryn Kranen, Jasper Design Automation, Inc.
- 41st DAC, 2004 - Mary Jane Irwin, Pennsylvania State University
- 40th DAC, 2003 - Karen Bartleson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 39th DAC, 2002 - Ann Rincon, AMI Semiconductor
- 38th DAC, 2001 - Deidre Hanford, Synopsys, Inc.
- 37th DAC, 2000 - Penny Herscher, Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (previously)
Ann Steffora Mutschler | Semiconductor Engineering
Anne Cirkel | Siemens
Rob Oshana | NXP
Frank Schirrmeister | Cadence
Sharon Hsu | University of Notre Dame
Herta Schreiner | Synopsys
Iris Bahar | Brown University
For questions or information please contact:
58th DAC Publicity/Marketing Chair